Functional Skills | To get an idea of the functions I delivered on in my most recent role, read on below:
- Design for targeted customers (existing and aspirational), responding to audience aesthetic, assortment gaps, buyer needs and portfolio management data
- Conduct trend research and compile storyboards
- Maintain brand guidelines and develop visual language
- Create product presentations for B2B buyers, and present alongside Sales Rep
- Design merchandising solutions including planograms, PDQ’s, pallets
- Develop packaging concepts and work with factories and Graphic Designers to execute
- Lead product development process including: producing product spec sheets, negotiating quotations, producing artwork files (as needed), coordinating samples and approvals by stakeholders
- Create timelines and buy plans for initial orders, passing over to Purchasing for replenishment
- Ensure product meet customer’s requirement including compliance testing, packaging standards, etc.
- Implement and monitor quality compliance with internal or 3rd party quality assurance team
- Maintain factory relationship and growth strategies; stay up to date on factory’s new products and range of abilities
- Visit factories to see production facilities and work with staff on product development and sample reviews
- Collect and maintain detailed product data for entry into data systems, customer setup forms, etc.
- Attend tradeshows to source new vendors or product; follow up and vet potential
- Analyze portfolio sales performance and recommend items to add/remove/modify, working with Sales and Purchasing to execute on the transition plan
- Create customer-specific pricing strategies for new product introductions in alignment with margin goals, market prices, etc.
- Look for opportunities to improve low margins from the purchasing side; source from another factory, implement volume discount structures, etc.
- Build planograms and conduct other space planning exercises to optimize footprint and sell-through
- Select product assortment to be included in catalogues/marketing materials, working with Graphic Designers to execute
- Work with sales to manage buying calendar and prioritize opportunities